Definition: What you need to know
- Hazing is a violation of Texas A&M University policy and Texas State law.
- Hazing takes various forms, but typically involves physical risks or mental distress through, for example, humiliating, intimidating, or demeaning treatment.
- Hazing can cause significant harm to individuals, groups and the University.
- Hazing has occurred in fraternities, sororities, athletic teams, performance groups, and other organizations.
- Groups that haze often view it as positive and necessary.
- Groups that haze can achieve the positive outcomes they seek from hazing through non-hazing means.
<< Welcome Hazing Continuum >>